This week at Bournemouth University, there are over 150 free events taking place as part of the Festival of Learning â€“ which is open to the public.
Fancy going on a kitchen safari to see what bacteria lurk in your food? How about unleashing your inner monkey, uncovering the history that lies beneath Hengistbury Head, or finding out how best to market your business?Â
- Too hot to trot: Our obsessions with the chilli pepper and other extreme tastes
- â€˜Technophilesâ€™, â€˜technophobesâ€™ and â€˜technodopersâ€™: Sport & its technology.
- Face blindness: Living in a world of strangers
- Life and death in Doctor Who
- Donâ€™t eat poo and die, eat poo and live: An investigation of things we eat and things we donâ€™t eat
- The spirit of 2014
- Poison is my business
- Star Wars planets: Lessons in planetary geology
There are also live labs running on campus throughout the week, giving people the chance to experience first-hand the work and research taking place at the university â€“ from testing to see if you are a super-recogniser to understanding the physical reactions people have playing video games. With everything from childrenâ€™s animation workshops to an introduction to the stock market on offer â€“ thereâ€™s something for all ages and interests.
See the calendar entry for booking details.